Closet Makeover for Dylan

I recently partnered with an amazing closet maker to be able to offer my clients top-of-the-line service when it comes to designing, building and organizing their closets. This past weekend we finally completed a kid's basic closet design, in my house! I chose Dylan's closet because it is the smallest closet of all four boys. Because he is very particular about how he likes his personal space, I made sure to consult with him first when it came to the layout. I know from first hand experience that he is hard on his furniture, so I purposely chose not to have drawers in the closet, but cubbies and shelves for bins to hold his clothes. Bins are great for him because the items inside don't need to be neat and folded in any way, but still give the look of organization.  I wanted the shoe area and bin area to have easy access so I put them on the wall straight ahead. I gave him a double hanging area for clothes that need to be on a hanger, with additional storage under and above the hanging clothes area. Since the makeover, we now have more options for storage of the items in his dresser, and still have extra room for more! Which means I can dispose of his dresser and use the closet for all his clothing storage needs. I also choose to paint the walls the same color as his room, with a white contrast for the closet's shelves and walls. It turned out perfect and the pictures really don't do it any justice. Dylan now keeps his closet door open to show off his closet.




Comments

Popular Posts