The Daily's




There are several things I have to do on a daily basis in order to keep my house chaos and clutter free. With 4 boys, there is no room for letting things pile up because it does that automatically every day. Dishes, laundry, shoes, toys-they all pile up! To keep it simple, I keep things in their place and I stay on top of what needs to get done.

I have created a routine if you will, of what I call "the daily's," to keep my home clean and organized. Not only have I created a list but I have noted the time of day I do it. Keeping in mind I consider my schedule somewhat flexible in that I can move obligations/clients around and I have set up my days to be gone a maximum of 6 hours and an average of 3-4.  I also have days of nothing on my schedule during the week. However, I would suggest to those with a busier schedule to try to check off as many on the list as possible daily, or hiring someone like myself :).

6:30-7:30am: Get kids ready for school, breakfast, unload dishwasher and start loading for tonight, start a load of laundry

7:45-up to 1pm: Working on commitments and stop at grocery store if necessary

1:30-3:00:  Clothes to dryer and do next load, relax

3:00-5:00: Homework and make and eat dinner, good time for any vacuuming needed while kids play outside, check laundry, do quick pick up of common areas

5:30-6:30: Clean kitchen, mop floors, fold laundry

6:30-7:00: Bathtime and put clean laundry away, do a walk thru of common areas and put things in their place, and wipe a bathroom down while kids take a bath, doing a different bath each day

7:30-8:00: Run dishwasher if full

8:00-10:00: Relax, emails, social media, map out dinner for the next week on calendar, make list for store if necessary,

10:00 Bed


This is really how my day flows and since people want to know how I do it, this is step one! At the end of every day I still feel like I did all I could and should and don't have things pending or hanging over my head making me feel like I can't relax. I feel balanced and ready for bed. And the next morning I feel ready and charged to start a new day. Not saying it will work for everyone, but it definitely works for me. And makes me happy :).








Comments

  1. Tracy, I love that you are so organized! I know you have to be with four boys and a beautiful home to maintain. This sounds like a great schedule, but what happens when something unexpected comes up? You try to "go with the flow", but the "crisis" can sometimes screw up your plans for a few days or more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts